This weekend I was attending a seminar by Ben Tiggelaar. A bit like the dutch Anthony Robbins. The content of the seminar was solid, but most of it I already knew and had been doing the past month after I started Erronis.
But one thing he said resonated with me. He was explaining that helping other people is one of the best things you can do for your own happiness. And then mentioned, almost casually, that if you have your own business, instead of cold calling you should help people. And added that networking was better for business than cold calling anyway.
And I agree. So from now on I will work a maximum of 4 hours per week for free for anyone. Small companies, big companies, individuals or non-profits. No strings attached.
Here are some examples of what I can help you with in 4 hours:
- Presentation: Why should we be applying Lean Startup techniques in our big corporation
- Presentation: “Why you should only do Agile if you really know what you want”
- Brainstorm: What hypotheses can we define in this situation?
- Brainstorm: What hidden assumptions do we have and how to we define an experiment to test them?
- Quick Scan: Quick evaluation of your current practices
- Discussion: Sparring session with team/scrum master or agile coach
- Facilitate: Retrospective
- Presentation: The power of storytelling
- Presentation: Why will storytelling make us better consultants?
- Brainstorm: How to bring company and personal values alive through storytelling
- Quick Scan: How can we improve our development team
- Presentation: Why you should deploy daily
- Presentation: Architecture is mostly communication
- Hands on: Introduction to NodeJS and Redis. 6000 requests/sec on a laptop
These are just examples of things I can help you with. If you think I can help you with anything else please do not hesitate to ask.
To contact me, please email to email@example.com or reply to the comments here.